Next Meeting: Jan 13, 2015
Meeting Time: General Meeting will be @ 7:00 PM @ The Assembly of God Church. Board Meeting is @ 6:30PM. The guest speaker for Dec is Mary on Copper and related minerals. This one is a slide show.
This page was last updated: December 11, 2014
For Those of you who asked>>There were questions by new members about equipment, rough rock, lessons on using lapidary equipment, and lessons in jewelry fabrication. Below is a list of members who are willing and able to help with this:
Gary & Mary Gann> 757-8121, Fred & Dorothy Bunge> 681-2371, Roger Price> 757-1052, Stefan Szabo> 715-4173. As a side note: Gann, Bunge, and Price also have a Shop in the Route 66 Swap Meet, right next to Lew, who is also a Club Member. Between the two shops there is a very wide assortment of rocks, lapidary equipment, knowledge and services available.
MINUTES OF GENERAL MEETING Oct, 2014.
The evening started with a presentation by Trent Szabo on purification of silver (Ag) using nitric acid. An interesting process taking your silver scraps and sterling scraps and rendering them into nearly pure silver.
The meeting was called to order by the Secretary at 7:35 PM.
Previous Minutes: Approved as read.
Treasurer’s Report: Assets and expenses reported to membership.
Membership – Those with birthdays were introduced as well as many visitors who were present. Membership is at 36 paid for the year.
Web Master – web site is currently being updated.
Trip – A trip meeting is scheduled for our DEC meeting. A trip to the El Dorado mine was cancelled due to high winds. A trip to the Mc Cracken mine is scheduled for 7-8 DEC. A report was also given on our outing to the honey onyx claim.
Guest Speakers – None scheduled at this time.
1. “Box of Rocks” exchange with a club in ID. Next meeting members should bring their rocks, which should be in a bag and identified as to what it is and where it came from.
2. MOU with Havasu – will be discussed at next Board meeting.
1. Elections of officers: Trent Szabo – President; Valerie Tavenner – Secretary; Gary Gann – Treasurer and Lew Lomerson – 3 Yr. Board member.
2. Changes to Constitution, Standing Rules and By-Laws as presented on our web site were all approved. With a smaller group, elimination of the position of VP was expressed.
Changes will be posted on web site and voted on at the NOV meeting were approved by the membership. The changes have been made and posted to the web site.
Good of the Order:
1. Christmas Festival at the tree farm adjacent to the Alpaca Farm will be held 28/29 NOV. Those wishing to participate at our booth – contact Mary.
Adjournment: As there was no further business, the meeting was closed at 8:15PM.
The event at the M & D Christmas Tree Farm was a lot of fun for everyone. The weather was outstanding all weekend. Doug & Maryann had hot chocolate and cookies, marshmellow roasting for the kids, hayrides through the trees, a Santa for the younger ones, and face painting by a very talented artist. I had no idea someone was growing Christmas Trees here in the desert. Doug also has shade trees and shrubs, and fruit and nut trees for sale. Trent, Lou, Mary and Gary represented the club. We are invited back next year and we all think it would be a wonderful idea.