For Those of you who asked>>There were questions by new members about equipment, rough rock, lessons on using lapidary equipment, and lessons in jewelry fabrication. Below is a list of members who are willing and able to help with this:
Gary & Mary Gann> 757-8121, Fred & Dorothy Bunge> 681-2371, Roger Price> 757-1052, Stefan Szabo> 715-4173. As a side note: Gann, Bunge, and Price also have a Shop in the Route 66 Swap Meet, right next to Lew, who is also a Club Member. Between the two shops there is a very wide assortment of rocks, lapidary equipment, knowledge and services available.
MINUTES OF GENERAL MEETING – 09 DEC 2014.
The evening started with a Trip Meeting to decide what we wanted to find and where to go for the next few months.
06 JAN – trip to Quartzite, Tyson Wells and the Gardens. Leaving from the Powerhouse @ 7AM.
23 FEB – trip to Castle Mtn. Meet at the Golden Nugget Casino in Searchlight, NV @ 7AM (AZ time.)
15-17 MAR – multi-day trip to Ludlow, CA. Leaving from Powerhouse @ 8AM.
20 APR – trip to Golden Shores. Leaving from Powerhouse @ 8AM.
Other places discussed: Jerome and Sheep Bridge.
After the Trip Meeting we were treated to a presentation by Mary Gann on copper and related minerals.
The meeting was called to order by the Secretary at 7:55 PM.
Previous Minutes: Approved as read.
Treasurer’s Report: Assets and expenses reported to membership.
Membership – Those with birthdays were introduced. Membership is at 36 paid for the year.
Web Master – web site is currently being updated.
Trip – A trip to the El Dorado mine was cancelled due to high winds. A trip report on the day at Mc Cracken mine was also given on.
Guest Speakers – None scheduled at this time.
1. “Box of Rocks” exchange with a club in ID. The box arrived and selection of what came was shared by members.
2. MOU with Havasu – will be discussed at next Board meeting.
1. Elections of officers: Trent Szabo – President; Valerie Tavenner – Secretary; Gary Gann – Treasurer and Lew Lomerson – 3 Yr. Board member.
2. Changes to Constitution, Standing Rules and By-Laws as presented and voted on were submitted and should be posted on our web site soon.
3. Annual expenses for storage, PO Box, etc. were approved to be paid.
Good of the Order:
Adjournment: As there was no further business, the meeting was closed at 8:15PM.